Hope and Healing Family Counseling is a Christian counseling center. What does this mean? What if I am of another faith or non-religious?
As a licensed professional, I honor the personal beliefs and convictions of the clients I serve. Clients choose if and how they would like to incorporate their personal faith into counseling.
Clients who identify as a Christian and prefer not to discuss the Bible or Christian values or do not wish to include their faith in the counseling process will feel comfortable.
When clients walk in the door who self-identify as non-religious, non-spiritual, and non-Christian, they will also feel welcome and comfortable.
Meeting with a therapist can be helpful when struggling through a new or temporary event, adjusting to situations and circumstances, improving relationships with significant others such as spouses/family/friends/coworkers, needing help with a specific challenge, and figuring out direction in life.
Counseling is also appropriate when various symptoms negatively affect relationships and/or interfere with normal, daily-life functions at home, school, or work.
Consider the following list of symptoms:
- Significant stress or worry
- Depressed or anxious mood
- Feeling on edge, irritable, or agitated
- Irrational fears and/or excessive anxiety (such as panic attacks)
- Explosive emotional outbursts or suppressed rage
- Avoidance of social activities, including withdrawal from family and friends
- Others have expressed concern over changes in your behavior
- Changes in appetite (significant weight loss or gain)
- Changes in sleep patterns (hypersomnia or insomnia) or night terrors
- Suffering from unresolved childhood traumas, including physical and sexual abuse, or neglect
- Dissociation (trauma induced symptoms involving loss of memories (amnesia), sense of identity and ability to discern reality.)
- Chemical dependence (drug or alcohol addiction) • Behavioral or habitual addictions
- Acting out in an unhealthy sexual manner
- Self-injury (cutting, burning, reckless behavior)
- Dissatisfaction or conflicts in family situation (including marital conflicts)
- Couple or marriage relationship problems leaving one or both of you feeling disconnected
At Hope and Healing Family Counseling I strive to provide exceptional care and a compassionate environment for every client. I strive to strengthen, educate and bring hope and healing to my clients and their families. I endeavor to be a Christian counselor offering individual counseling for teens and adults and marriage counseling.
No. If after working together we mutually decide that medication might be helpful for your mental health needs, I can refer you to someone local who can help you with this or you can talk to your family doctor about medications.
Yes. I only offer teletherapy (video based) services via a HIPAA compliant version of Google Meet. This application works best if you use Google Chrome as your web browser (if on a computer) or if you are on a phone, download the Google Meet app. I will send you via email an invite to the session. You should be able to click on the link and join the session at the time of your appointment.
Yes. I’m a Licensed Professional Counselor in Arkansas, Texas, North Dakota and South Dakota.
Yes. I’m in network with United Healthcare, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Ambetter, Cigna and Qual Choice. I’m also a provider with Lyra. I can also provide you with documentation so you can file a claim with your insurance provider (if I’m out of network).
Yes. I do require at least 24 hours notice to cancel an appointment. If you cancel your appointment less than 24 hours in advance or if you miss your appointment, you will be responsible for a $100 fee.
I am so glad you are dedicated to getting the most out of your sessions. Your active participation and dedication will be crucial to your success.
You can contact me via email, phone or through this website. After connecting with me, we will set up a day and time for our session. I will then send you some paperwork that needs to be completed at least 48 hours prior to your session. I will send you an email invite to our session the night before the appointment. When you click on the link at the time of the session, it should take you directly to our virtual meeting.