Counseling for Anxiety
“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” Victor Frankl
Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? I call anxiety a beast! It’s so overwhelming and exhausting to fight. There is hope! I can help you find strategies to fight it so that anxiety doesn’t control your life or rob you of good things in life.
“Never fear in the dark what you’ve learned in the light to trust.”
— Gary Oliver
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy – as opposed to anxiety medication – treats more than just symptoms to the problem.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you struggle with managing your anxiety, please reach out. I’d love an opportunity to help you fight this beast!